Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/29 20:26:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Extending simple-bigbank-spring sample

Hi,
Existing  bigbank-sample for spring seems to be a simplified version of the
bigbank demo. I believe extending the current sample would help us to
realize spring in a broader way and would explain how far TUSCANY supports
Spring Implementation and its limitations if any. I like to take this
forward using a step-by-step development approach as shown below.

Step 1: Extend the current sample by implementing the components and
composites as we have done in the bigbank demo. Make sure that each SCA
composite is generated from  a  spring context  and use them within an SCA
assembly, this way we will have multiple spring context available.

Step 2: Enable communication between some of the components using Spring Web
Service bindings.

Step 3: Enable communication between some of the components using Spring JMS
bindings.

Step 4: Introduces Policies like security for the components.

Please let me know if you have any comments / suggestions for the same.

Currently, I am working on Step 1 and will be opening a JIRA to provide the
patch shortly.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [DISCUSS] Extending simple-bigbank-spring sample

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, let me know when you are done.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Ram
>
> A question on part [1]. Are you testing both implicit and explicit
> definition of services, references and properties?

Hi Simon,

I forgot to update on the spring implicit services in my previous post, the
current implementation of spring does not support implicit services. I
believe we have a JIRA raised on this issue (TUSCANY-2258). I think we might
need some help here from the experts, to understand if there could be an
implication by doing so.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.