Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by William Speirs <ws...@apache.org> on 2013/09/15 15:40:17 UTC

Re: Unable to find component in Development ONLY

Turns out that Eclipse was a red harring. The real issue is that when I run
in Eclipse it runs in development mode but when I run the JAR it is
deployment mode.

Is that of help to anyone?

Thanks...

Bill-
On Sep 14, 2013 10:01 PM, "William Speirs" <ws...@apache.org> wrote:

Before anyone/everyone jumps on me, this code works PERFECTLY when I
build a JAR (using embedded jetty) and run it. However, it fails in
Eclipse with the following:

Last cause: Unable to find component with id 'pageTitle' in
[HtmlHeaderContainer [Component id = _header_5]]
Expected: '_header_5:pageTitle'.
Found with similar names: 'pageTitle'

So clearly my code + HTML is correct, it's more of an Eclipse issue. I
realize this isn't an Eclipse mailing list, but does anyone have any
ideas?

The page I'm trying to render extends a page class, that extends
another, that extends WebPage. Is this where _header_5 comes from?

Thanks...

Bill-

Re: Unable to find component in Development ONLY

Posted by Marios Skounakis <ms...@gmail.com>.
Wicket has a setting that checks for missing components and throws an
exception in development but does not do so (I think it only logs a
warning) in deployment. You are actually missing component pageTitle...