Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Tom Holmes Jr." <to...@tomholmes.net> on 2008/03/24 20:11:15 UTC

Multiple Selects and optionsCollection

I am using struts 1.x and looking at html:select and
html:optionsCollection for an example on how to use that.
It works great if I have one combo-box with my form.

I have an array of labels:
label_x
label_y
label_z
etc.
each one is a combo-box and they ALL have the same options to pick from,
and I want capture the data from each of these selects.
The number of combo-boxes will change dynamically ... based on previous
information.

And I'm trying to build an Action Form to capture all this data ....
and then I am trying to use html:select and html:optionsCollection in my
JSP.

Can anyone point me to good examples on how to construct my formbean and
jsp page?

In the meanwhile I will keep trying things out.     Thanks!

Tom

Re: Multiple Selects and optionsCollection

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/3/24, Tom Holmes Jr. <to...@tomholmes.net>:

> The number of combo-boxes will change dynamically ... based on previous
> information.

I think that, in your case, you need to manage HttpServletRequest parameters
directly. There's nothing wrong with it :-)

Antonio