Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/02/25 20:38:56 UTC

Re: Axis2C suggestions

Hi Carl,

Really pleased about your interest towards Axis2/C. Please read my
comments inline.

> Hi Senaka,
>
> thanks again for your helpful messages.  svn still fails to connect from
> my
> workstation to the url you sent.  My assumption is that svn uses a port
> other than 80 which is blocked by my company's firewall.  I don't know, I
> have never used svn.

Since you are on Windows, you may try TortoiseSVN. This can be downloaded
for free from, [1]. To check whether your firewall really blocks that url,
try [2] on a browser, like Firefox, or IE. If you see a list of files you
are not blocked. In that case it is an easy process of setting up
TortoiseSVN and working with SVN. Please note that SVN is not like FTP and
you will need a tool (TortoiseSVN is what we use on Windows and works
fine) to use it. There may be several tools out there, but, TortoiseSVN is
open source and is available free of charge. You can find help on
TortoiseSVN at [3].

> About the JIRA, I want to make sure I understand:  JIRA is an application
> that must be bought if I want to use it to submit bugs and updates?

JIRA, is an online tool. No you don't need to buy anything or setup
anything locally. You can make an account for free. Each apache project
will have it's own bug reporting system. We use a JIRA. You can simply
visit [4] and get started. It is simple as creating an account, and then
after you've logged in you can create issues, browse existing ones and
also add patches and comments.

> I have finished creating a Visual Studio 6.0 version of the workspace
> contained in axis2c\ides\vc\axis2c.  Once I have tested to make sure I
> have
> set the dependencies up correctly and assuming that debugging works I
> would
> like to contribute this effort to the project.

That's quite nice.

> thanks again for your help.
>
> Carl

[1] http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads