Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/09/07 15:49:57 UTC

[PORPOSAL] Little refactoring of the Karaf management

Hi all,

I'm working on KARAF-786 in order to add a bunch of new MBeans in Karaf.

The purpose is to be able to manipulate bundles, config, security,
scheduler, kar, via the JMX.

Currently the management Maven module is the bootstrap to start the
Karaf MBean server.

I would like to make the following refactoring:
- management will be a POM containing two Maven modules: server and mbeans
- the server module is the current management, aka the MBean server
bootstrap
- the mbeans is a POM that will contains one Maven module per MBean
type: bundle, config, etc (it looks like that we have in the shell Maven
module).

Are you OK with that ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PORPOSAL] Little refactoring of the Karaf management

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Guillaume,

it's sufficient, but I got comments from users saying:
- it's not easy to understand and use
- it's far from the Karaf config:* commands
- when I change a configuration, the changes are not "flushed" to the
etc cfg file (whereas the config:* commands do)

That's why I proposed to create some kind of wrapper MBeans specific for
Karaf.

Regards
JB

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
I think it is / was missing a list PID's

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet