Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Czuczor Attila <cz...@advisesoft.hu> on 2007/07/26 18:12:34 UTC

[Valitator]

Hi.

I am trying to use this framework for a web project, which uses ajax
validation for fields triggered by onChange event on client side.

According to this I can post to the server only the formname,fieldname
and the value parameters.

I spent a lot of time to find out out how should I configure the
validator object to the validate  String or an Intiger.

I copied the code base from the example shipped with commons validator
source so I think that the most part of code and configuration files are
OK.

The example name of the form field is age so I initialized the validator
in this way :

Validator validator = new Validator(resources, "ValidateBean", "age");

and use this code to pass the value to validate like this :

validator.setParameter(Validator.FIELD_PARAM, %String or Integer or
whatever% );

Always got the result message that age parameter is required.

I even tried to debug what does it do, and it seemed that validator  is
works only for beans.

Are there any way to validate simple values (not beans) with commons
validator?

Thanks,

Attila

RE: [Valitator]