Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Shiva Kumar SS <ss...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/08 05:41:41 UTC

Apache Hbase | Requesting for Invite |

Hi Team,

It it immense pleasure to interact with Apache Hbase PMC Group, My name is
Shiva Kumar.

I have around 10+ Years of work experience in startups, MNC and have been
an entrepreneur once. here is my linkedin profile
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shivakumarss/

currently i am associated with Big data team where we extensively use
Hadoop, Hbase and spark for our use cases.

I have voluntarily went through the code and raised a minor enhancement
request by looking at the code, later realized it is already part of 1.3.2+.

<goog_2026112635>

Have submitted my Individual Contributor License Agreement (ICLA) to apache
and my name is in the http://people.apache.org/unlistedclas.html

I would love to be part of Apache Hbase PMC team as Individual contributor,
I would appreciate if that opportunity is given to me.

Awaiting for your response.

Regards,
Shiva Kumar SS

Re: Apache Hbase | Requesting for Invite |

Posted by Dima Spivak <di...@apache.org>.
Hi Shiva,

Anyone is free to contribute to Apache HBase; just open a JIRA, submit a
patch, and work with a committer to get it incorporated into the project.
No ICLA is needed to contribute to the project. Over time, contributors who
positively impact the project may be invited to become committers (for some
details on committership, check out [1]).The Apache HBase project
management committee is comprised of committers charged with additional
responsibilities.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit.

1. https://community.apache.org/contributors/

-Dima