Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2008/05/01 03:52:55 UTC

RE: Extract Modred Library [WAS Re: compile 2.3.1]

Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> Noel advocated deletion in another thread

After some years of resisting removing it.  :-)

> I tend to be conservative about backwards compatibility. So I would
> tend to move the source into somewhere like legacy. Wouldn't take much
> to cut a release or could just ask users to build their own.

I have been testing the replacement for a long time, and it is a drop-in
replacement.  Anyone who still finds some reason to use mordred can download
the code and do their own build, *OR* explain to us why we should still
maintain mordred.

	--- Noel

Re: Extract Modred Library [WAS Re: compile 2.3.1]

Posted by Serge Knystautas <sk...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
>  > Noel advocated deletion in another thread
>
>  After some years of resisting removing it.  :-)
>

>  > I tend to be conservative about backwards compatibility. So I would
>  > tend to move the source into somewhere like legacy. Wouldn't take much
>  > to cut a release or could just ask users to build their own.
>
>  I have been testing the replacement for a long time, and it is a drop-in
>  replacement.  Anyone who still finds some reason to use mordred can download
>  the code and do their own build, *OR* explain to us why we should still
>  maintain mordred.

I'm good with this too... either separate build that's a binary
dependency or just a separate download to build manually.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501