Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Purkiss <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2009/07/30 16:12:52 UTC

JUnit reports

I am having problems with JUnit reporting, I seem to be able to only get either

1) Run surefire-report:report and get nice html reports but mavn reports that it was successful even if a test failed

2) Run test and maven fails when a test fails but you dont get a nice report to quickly find the issue(s)

Is there some easy way to get both. That is Maven telling me there was a failure and then being able to look at the html report to see what went wrong?

Send and receive email from all of your webmail accounts.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671356

RE: JUnit reports

Posted by Adam Purkiss <aj...@hotmail.com>.
ok, I worked out I can call test and then seperatly call report-only. As I use ant I then know the first one failed so can print a nice helpful message. It would be nice though to have the full report target run all test, genereate reports and then say failure if a test fails and not success as it currently does as well as a list of all failing tests at that point (incase its a multi module project)

> From: ajpurkiss@hotmail.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: JUnit reports
> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:12:52 -0400
>

> I am having problems with JUnit reporting, I seem to be able to only get either
>
> 1) Run surefire-report:report and get nice html reports but mavn reports that it was successful even if a test failed
>
> 2) Run test and maven fails when a test fails but you dont get a nice report to quickly find the issue(s)
>

> Is there some easy way to get both. That is Maven telling me there was a failure and then being able to look at the html report to see what went wrong?

> Send and receive email from all of your webmail accounts.
> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671356

Stay on top of things, check email from other accounts!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671355