Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 21:23:05 UTC

Attention All ServiceMix Committers!

Good afternoon everyone! Because the need presented itself, today, I
created a Committer's Guide outlining some basic guidelines for all of
us ServiceMix committers:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SM/Committer%27s+Guide

(This page will be included on the website in about an hour when the
wiki is automatically exported).

We should all work together enforce these guidelines amongst ourselves
immediately.

* No more empty commit logs or commit logs that do not note a JIRA issue.
** It is very important that you note a JIRA issue as the first text
in a commit log. This ties the issue back to the JIRA issue via the
tab named Subversion Commits.

* Start writing better documentation - on the wiki, in the Javadoc and
the code level comments.
** The SMX 3.x codebase is poorly documented. Take your time to
improve it. We've already begun documenting the SMX 4.x codebase far
better.

* If you're writing code, you should be writing unit tests.
** The more coverage the better.

These are all pretty basic and I think we all know this stuff already.
We just need to slow down a bit and take the time to enforce these
items on our own and other's code as it will dramatically improve the
project.

If you have any suggestions, please add them to the Committer's Guide
and/or discuss them here.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/