Posted to issues@cxf.apache.org by Matt <ml...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/23 17:50:18 UTC

enumeration values are alphabetized

We are using WSDLToJava to build a web service.  We have a simple type that is restricted to an enumeration.  In the xml we define the order of the enumeration values.  After the WSDLToJava the enumeration values are alphabetized in the .java file.  Is there a way to turn tell CXF to leave the order alone?

Re: enumeration values are alphabetized

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
I believe this is a JAXB question--CXF uses Sun's implementation of JAXB so
CXF has no control over that.  You can pass parameters to JAXB from the
wsdl2java command (see the CXF user's guide), but I don't know if JAXB has
such a setting for what you're asking for.  The JAXB ML
(http://old.nabble.com/java.net---jaxb-users-f13500.html)  or googling might
help.

Glen

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tue February 23 2010 11:50:18 am Matt wrote:
> We are using WSDLToJava to build a web service.  We have a simple type that
> is restricted to an enumeration.  In the xml we define the order of the
> enumeration values.  After the WSDLToJava the enumeration values are
> alphabetized in the .java file.  Is there a way to turn tell CXF to leave
> the order alone?

This is really a question for the JAXB folks.  I don't see anything in the
specs that provides a customization to force this.    You'll probably need to
ask on their forums at jaxb.dev.java.net.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org