Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Brian Sperryn <br...@bcom.co.za> on 2004/11/10 12:13:23 UTC

problem getting a nullpointer exception when porting to linux

hi everyone!

could someone please help me...
i'm getting a null pointer from the line:

hits = searcher.search(query);

i can't understand why, it only happens in a linux environment, not on my development XP environment....
i've re-indexed but that didn't seem to help...

thanks in advance

regards
-Brian Sperryn

Re: problem getting a nullpointer exception when porting to linux

Posted by Brian Sperryn <br...@bcom.co.za>.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.explain(IndexSearcher.java:170)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.(Hits.java:43)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:33)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:27)
	at org.apache.jsp.results_jsp._jspService(results_jsp.java:292)

i hope this helps....

Posted by Bernhard Messer <bm...@apache.org>.
Brian,