Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nicolas Baumann <ni...@free.fr> on 2007/08/02 16:55:32 UTC

word too large for a table cell

Hello,

When a word is too large for a table cell, it overlaps on the next cell.
How do I avoid this ?
I'm using fop 0.93.

Thanks,
Nicolas.

Re: word too large for a table cell

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Nicolas Baumann wrote:

> Abel Braaksma <abel.online <at> xs4all.nl> writes:
>

>>Look for the thread of around 19/7 this month with the title "Force word
>>wrap" that discusses the same issue. In a nutshell: either use Soft
>>Hyphens (SHY) or use Zero Width Space (ZWS) depending on whether you
>>want to see a hyphen when it breaks or not. Make sure your font supports
>>them (SHY is supported by all I believe).

<snip/>

> I'd like to use a soft hyphen but I can't predict where to break the word like
> in the last example.
>
> I tried this :
> wrap-option="wrap" hyphenate="true" language="fr"
>
> but it didn't work

unfortunately wrap-option="wrap" doesn't appear to be working in 0.93 or
the Trunk code :(

Hyphenation should work if you have installed the French Hyphenation
patterns and the text in the table cells are really words and not serial
numbers or codes.

Chris

Re: word too large for a table cell

Posted by Nicolas Baumann <ni...@free.fr>.
Abel Braaksma <abel.online <at> xs4all.nl> writes:

> Look for the thread of around 19/7 this month with the title "Force word
> wrap" that discusses the same issue. In a nutshell: either use Soft
> Hyphens (SHY) or use Zero Width Space (ZWS) depending on whether you
> want to see a hyphen when it breaks or not. Make sure your font supports
> them (SHY is supported by all I believe).
>
> Nicolas Baumann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When a word is too large for a table cell, it overlaps on the next cell.
> > How do I avoid this ?
> > I'm using fop 0.93.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nicolas.

> > For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help <at> xmlgraphics.apache.org

I'd like to use a soft hyphen but I can't predict where to break the word like
in the last example.

I tried this :
wrap-option="wrap" hyphenate="true" language="fr"

but it didn't work

thanks

Re: word too large for a table cell

Posted by Abel Braaksma <ab...@xs4all.nl>.