Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Lacroix <rl...@belacove.com> on 2004/07/22 14:16:28 UTC

razor pyzor dcc

Hi all,

what's the best practise about using razor pyzor and dcc. Should you use
all 3 or only one ? Which one is best ?

Re: razor pyzor dcc

Posted by Robert Brooks <ro...@hyperlink-interactive.co.uk>.
Robert Lacroix wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what's the best practise about using razor pyzor and dcc. Should you use
> all 3 or only one ? Which one is best ?

dcc does require that the host can make udp connections out through a firewall,
see http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/firewall.html for more information.

In some locations this may not be possible.  You should not enable dcc if the
traffic is firewalled or at least disable it if debugging shows failure to
contact the dcc servers correctly.

Regards,

Rob

--
Robert Brooks,           Network Manager,          Cable & Wireless UK
<ro...@hyperlink-interactive.co.uk> http://hyperlink-interactive.co.uk/

Re: razor pyzor dcc

Posted by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in>.
Thanks Bill,

You have a great setup there. Thanks a lot for the info.

Rakesh

Re: razor pyzor dcc

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.

Re: razor pyzor dcc

Posted by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in>.
Can you please tell me what kind of system configuration we need to run
all three of these or may just let us know your system configuration.

thanks
Rakesh

Re: razor pyzor dcc

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
Posted by Jim Knuth <jk...@jkart.de>.
Hallo und guten Tag Bill,

danke für die Email vom 22.07.2004 um 16:23
Bill Landry schrieb - wrote:

> new version of razor gets the most hits for me, but all three perform well
> in our environment.

which version of razor you mean? 2.61 or 2.40?

--
Viele Grüße, Kind regards,
 Jim Knuth

virengeprüft mit NOD32 Version 1.818 Update 20.07.2004

Re: razor pyzor dcc

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.