Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Aliasgar S Hararwala <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/24 13:13:03 UTC

Error | Exception java.lang.OutofMemoryError

Hi,

I have been getting the below error consistently on my machine (512 MB Ram,
Intel P4, 2.99 Ghz). I have increased the heap space from 256 to 384, but
even that has not resolved the issue. The script that I am running is a
fairly simple one, there are just 2 HTTP Requests sample. Can someone throw
some light on thee below issue

*Exception java.lang.OutofMemoryError: requested 83886096 bytes for
promotion. Out of swap space?*

I am running the script from the GUI mode

Aliasgar

Mobile No: +44(0)7810297235

RE: Error | Exception java.lang.OutofMemoryError

Posted by Anjaneyulu Aerrolla <aa...@sapient.com>.
Hi,

Check, if you added aggregate graph, and aggregate report listener to
the script, they consume lot of memory.

Thanks

Anjan | Associate Technology | Sapient | Bangalore, India

aaerrolla@sapient.com | +91 80 41047003 (work) | +91 9886619293 (cell)

Re: SV: Error | Exception java.lang.OutofMemoryError

Posted by Jürgen Weber <jw...@jwi.de>.
I am trying to run a JacORB Corba client with jmeter. I am also
constantly getting OutofMemoryError, even with 1 client and one thread.
Without jmeter the client runs fine without memory options, so that
would be the default of 128MB, I guess.

Posted by Nino Wael <Ni...@sdk.sas.com>.
ok

-Nino

Posted by Aliasgar S Hararwala <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the error since a couple of hours now. I
restarted my system and JMeter seems to run fine now.

Cheers,
Ali

On 3/26/07, Nino Wael <Ni...@sdk.sas.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, pretty strange. That should cause no problems.
>
> what os are you running under, could you post your startup command file or
> upload it somewhere(badongo. etc)?
>
> regards Nino

Aliasgar

Mobile No: +44(0)7810297235

SV: Error | Exception java.lang.OutofMemoryError

Posted by Nino Wael <Ni...@sdk.sas.com>.

Posted by Aliasgar S Hararwala <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am running this script only on 1 Thread and the Loop count is 2.

Cheers,
Ali

On 3/26/07, Nino Wael <Ni...@sdk.sas.com> wrote:

> How many threads are you running with?

Aliasgar

Mobile No: +44(0)7810297235

SV: Error | Exception java.lang.OutofMemoryError

Posted by Nino Wael <Ni...@sdk.sas.com>.