Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com> on 2022/03/12 00:11:23 UTC

gradle and BK release

Hi,

I am looking for help with the BK release procedure with gradle.
We dropped maven support in this version but all release scripts and docs
use maven.

I found a gradle plugin that supposedly implements functionality similar to
maven's release plugin: https://github.com/researchgate/gradle-release
One catch is the project does not look active/no commits in 2+ years.

Are there better alternatives?

Current instructions:
https://bookkeeper.apache.org/community/release_guide/

Scripts that use maven:
---------------
$ pwd
  ~/src/bookkeeper/dev

$ grep -rI "mvn " .

docker/run.sh:echo '  mvn clean install'
release/000-run-docker.sh:VERSION=`cd $BOOKKEEPER_ROOT && mvn
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin:2.1.1:evaluate
-Dexpression=project.version | grep -Ev '(^\[|Download\w+:)' | sed
's/^\(.*\)-SNAPSHOT/\1/'`
release/003-release-perform.sh:mvn release:perform \
release/001-release-branch.sh:mvn release:branch \
release/002-release-prepare.sh:mvn release:prepare \

$ pwd
~/src/bookkeeper/site/scripts

$ grep -r mvn .
./javadoc-gen.sh:    mvn clean install javadoc:aggregate -DskipTests
-----------------

--
Andrey Yegorov

Re: gradle and BK release

Posted by Nicolò Boschi <bo...@gmail.com>.
The website and javadoc scripts also contains the Gradle version based on
which version you're releasing.

Nicolò Boschi

Re: gradle and BK release

Posted by Surinder Singh <su...@splunk.com.INVALID>.