Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Edgardo Vega <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/27 15:57:44 UTC

Clustering Docs Pain Points

I just wanted to provide some feedback on some of the issues I ran into
that I felt the docs didn't do a good job at explaining.

   - Under the Basic Cluster setup it would be good to give an example with
   hostnames ports etc to show exactly what needs to be set. This would really
   help in how many ports I need to open up, how to map to my environment into
   the correct config etc.
   - Under Controlling Levels of Access it mentions that there are other
   providers for clustered mode, but does not talk about how to configure
   them. Why not mention it  there and point long explanation the clustering
   configuration section.
   - I ran into the following issues:
      - I switched to the following providers in authority-providers.xml
      and then ran into the issue where
nifi.security.user.authority.provider in
      nifi.properties need to match what the identifier is in
      the authority-providers.xml file.
      - I also didn't initially set the Authority Provider Port which i had
      to figure out by also looking at the logs and then figuring out that it
      should be another port being opened.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

--
Cheers,

Edgardo

Re: Clustering Docs Pain Points

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Edgardo.  Have turned that input into a Jira.  We'll keep
making that better.

Joe