Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Ivanhoe Abrahams <iv...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/14 09:54:56 UTC

AriesBundleTrackerCustomizer.java in aries util in empty

Hi all,

This is my first post to this mailing list, :-)

I have checked out aries trunk, as explained on the website, and built it,
everything went fine.
However when i proceeded to build and run the blog sample app. I get the
following error on start up, and consequently deploying the .eba  as
explaind does not do anything.

Below is the exception when starting the osgi container.

[Framework Event Dispatcher] DEBUG org.apache.aries.blueprint -
FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintExtender.start() of bundle
org.apache.aries.blueprint.
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:805)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:370)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1068)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:220)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:330)
org/apache/aries/util/tracker/AriesBundleTrackerCustomizer
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:183)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:576)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:546)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:477)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:465)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:445)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:376)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:452)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:405)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at
org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintExtender.start(BlueprintExtender.java:88)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
    ... 10 more
org.apache.aries.util.tracker.AriesBundleTrackerCustomizer
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:489)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:405)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
    at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    ... 30 more

I checked the code for class
org.apache.aries.util.tracker.AriesBundleTrackerCustomizer...But that class
is absolutely empty. In other words the .java file contains nothing, and as
a result the compiler does not generate a .class file for it, hence the
ClassNotFoundException...

By the way there are 2 more .java files in that package that are empty as
well

I am sure this was just a bad commit by somebody.

Thanx
Ivanhoe

Re: AriesBundleTrackerCustomizer.java in aries util in empty

Posted by Ivanhoe Abrahams <iv...@gmail.com>.
Success

It works (the blog sample) fine now
Thanks

Ivanhoe

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Ivanhoe Abrahams <ivanhoeabrahams@gmail.com

Posted by Ivanhoe Abrahams <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Valentin Mahrwald <vm...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Ivanhoe,

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ivanhoe Abrahams <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lin/Jeremy.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivanhoe Abrahams <iv...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's a natural process limitation (at least that has always been my
experience).   Every time I've committed a patch that contained deleted
files I've always had to do the svn delete myself.  I'd definitely
recommend adding a comment to the JIRA as it is easy to miss.

Joe

Posted by Holly Cummins <cu...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Lin,

[...]

:-(