Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Denis, Rich" <Ri...@ps.net> on 2004/05/25 23:35:57 UTC

What am I doing wrong...

Hello all,

  Today I tried to get a bit more detailed with my logging.  I had one class
that I needed to see more information on (PSC.Tenet.CIE.RetryManager) so I
created the Logger config for it as seen below.  I set the level to Debug so
that I could see all of the information on it.  The problem is that when I
run the application only the WARN and above messages are getting logged.  I
tried moving the logger element to the first spot as well but this also did
not work.  I am sure I am doing something wrong here but I have no idea
what.  Though I know the loggers are hierarchical shouldn't I be able to
change the level for one logger in the hierarchy?  Please advise me with my
oversight.  Thanks.

Rich

<log4net debug="false">

            ...appenders defined here.....

            <logger name="PSC.Tenet.CIE">

                  <level value="WARN" />

                  <appender-ref ref="RollingServiceAppender" />

            </logger>

            <logger name="PSC.Tenet.CIE.RetryManager">

                  <level value="DEBUG" />

                  <appender-ref ref="RetryManagerAppender" />

            </logger>

            <root>

                  <level value="WARN" />

                  <appender-ref ref="RollingCatchAllAppender" />

                  <appender-ref ref="ConsoleAppender" />

            </root>

      </log4net>   Log4NET User