Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Johannes Koch <ko...@pixelpark.com> on 2001/01/03 13:17:15 UTC

Re: This is strange :-) magic word "option" somewhere in cocoon ?

Hi,

Michael Bierenfeld schrieb:

[...]
> you'll get. ___ Note the missing </option>
>
> <select>
>
>    <option>
>    <option>
>    <option>
>
> </select>
>
> __ But if you use <whatever>
>
> you'll get :
>
> <select>
>     <whatever></whatever>
>     <whatever></whatever>
>     <whatever></whatever>
> </select>
>
> Weird isnt it ? I can live with the open <option> the Browser doesnt
> care about that but I doubt the application in general with that
> problem.

I think that's because the HTML formatter (the default formatter) omits
an end tag if it is not required in HTML (e.g. option, p, meta).
--
Johannes Koch  . IT Developer
Pixelpark AG   . http://www.pixelpark.com

Re: Is Session Management possible?

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
I'd suggest buying a book an Java Servlets or reading the API
( http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/ )

-matt

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.

PGP-Key: http://www.kdnet.de/pgp

Re: Is Session Management possible?

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
Your problem is two fold.
	1. you want non-pemanent storage: e.g. a user goes to your page,
		logs in, select something to buy, buys it, then leaves.  Use
		the HttpSession object for this.

	2. you want permanent storage: that same user comes back and
		wants to see if the purchased item has been shipped and when
		it will arrive.  Use a database (Oracle/MSQL/MYSQL,etc) for this.

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.
At 23:37 03.01.01, you wrote:

> > I downloaded the auth-package.
> > To install this in cocoon1 I have to do the following:
> >
> >  >>Put the file auth.xsp.xsl somewhere and insert this line into
> > cocoon.properties:
> >  >>processor.xsp.logicsheet.auth.java=file:///path/to/auth.xsp.xsl
> >
> > What is the aquivalent for Cocoon 2 ??
>
>Sorry, can't help you there, I am only using cocoon1. But even if you

Maybe someone else can help me?

Bye,
  Klaus

--------------------------------------

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Klaus Drechsler wrote:

> At 22:13 03.01.01, you wrote:
>
> >You could try the auth taglib (http://ulim.cocoonhost.com), but it is not
> >tested under cocoon2.
>
> I downloaded the auth-package.
> To install this in cocoon1 I have to do the following:
>
>  >>Put the file auth.xsp.xsl somewhere and insert this line into
> cocoon.properties:
>  >>processor.xsp.logicsheet.auth.java=file:///path/to/auth.xsp.xsl
>
> What is the aquivalent for Cocoon 2 ??

Sorry, can't help you there, I am only using cocoon1. But even if you
don't get it to work under cocoon2, you can look at the source code how I
save state in the session object.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

Re: Is Session Management possible?

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.
At 15:44 03.01.01, you wrote:
>Session management ? Do you mean the HttpSession Object ?

I mean that I want to build a multi-user System. There are users with
different rights.
So a user must login to the system, before he can do something.

I want to use C2 fore redering etc., but how does C2 help me with this
login stuff? Does it help me anyway? Or do I have to program it myself?

ciao,
  Klaus

--------------------------------------

Posted by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de>.
Klaus Drechsler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to use Session Management on a per user basis.
> How can cocoon 2 help me? If it can´t whats the best way to get cocoon 2
> with session management to work? Are there any examples for this?
>
> --------------------------------------
> Farewell! I will omit no opportunity
> That may convey my greetings, love, to thee.
> Romeo&Juliet
>                          (Act III, Scene V)

Session management ? Do you mean the HttpSession Object ?

Regards

Michael

Is Session Management possible?

Re: How can I use my own java classes?

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.
At 23:05 03.01.01, you wrote:

>To use the classes in XSP, you simply need to add this
>directly after your xsp:page tag:

Thank you very much!

bye,
  Klaus

--------------------------------------

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Klaus Drechsler wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Add them to the classloader (which is usually the
>> /WEB-INF/classes directory).
>

> I am using T4-m5 and C2 and ther is no /webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes
> directory.
>
> Should I create it?
>
> And how do I use these java classes?

Yes, create it.  If you have a jar with your own classes,
then place it in the /webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory
with all the other Cocoon jars.

To use the classes in XSP, you simply need to add this
directly after your xsp:page tag:

<xsp:structure>
   <xsp:include>fully.qualified.class.name</xsp:include>
   <!-- Note: one xsp:include per class or package -->
</xsp:structure>

You can now instantiate and manipulate all of your included
classes inside of xsp:logic tags.

Re: How can I use my own java classes?

Posted by Klaus Drechsler <dr...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Klaus Drechsler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can´t find the xbean taglib in C2, so how can I use my
> own java classes in cocoon 2?
>
> Bye,
>  Klaus
>
> --------------------------------------
> Farewell! I will omit no opportunity
> That may convey my greetings, love, to thee.
> Romeo&Juliet
>                         (Act III, Scene V)

Add them to the classloader (which is usually the
/WEB-INF/classes directory).  In XSP you can do the
following (note: please change the namespace for the
proper version of Cocoon that you are using):

<xsp:page language="java"
           xmlns="http://apache.org/xsp"

<xsp:structure>
   <xsp:include>my.class.Here</xsp:include>
   <xsp:include>my.other.class.There</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>

<mypage>
   <xsp:logic>
     Here here = new Here();
     There there = new There();

     here.doSomething();

     if (there.isSomethingWrong()) {
         here.shootMe();
     }
   </xsp:logic>
   <my-markup>
   </my-markup>
</mypage>
</xsp:page>

How can I use my own java classes?

Posted by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de>.
<snip/>

> I think that's because the HTML formatter (the default formatter) omits
> an end tag if it is not required in HTML (e.g. option, p, meta).

@@@###//!! YES it does. Damned. Spoiled 3 Days with that. This html or
www is the end of the civilization as we know it. Lets grab the bones
and back to the trees :-)

Regards

Michael