Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/11/07 16:22:51 UTC

ActiveMQ core test suite

Hi folks!

I've been looking at the activemq-core test suite and it keep getting
bigger and bigger and takes longer and long to run.  Ideally tests
should only take like 5 minutes to run.  What do you think we should
do about it?

We are currently forking each test case, so if we could avoid that it
should speed it up a bit.  Any other ideas?  Perhaps we can classify
some of the tests as being only needed for integration testing??

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: ActiveMQ core test suite

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/7/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I've been looking at the activemq-core test suite and it keep getting
> bigger and bigger and takes longer and long to run.  Ideally tests
> should only take like 5 minutes to run.  What do you think we should
> do about it?
>
> We are currently forking each test case, so if we could avoid that it
> should speed it up a bit.  Any other ideas?  Perhaps we can classify
> some of the tests as being only needed for integration testing??

We could move lots of the tests into a separate integration testing run I guess.

I've used TestNG in the past which is pretty good for separating out
the configuration of a test case (e.g. is it queues or topics, or how
many messages to send/receive etc etc) from the actual detail of a
test case. Though refactoring the tests to TestNG is probably a big
job

--

James
-------