Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2007/01/22 22:59:19 UTC

Some remarks for 3.3-RC2

a) For the maven 2 plugin, it would be very nice to have the base classes
generated in another source directory as the non-base classes (by
"directory" I do not mean package but another base directory). For
example, one would want to generate the non-base classes in the
src/main/generated-java directory but the base classes in
target/generated-sources/torque. In 3.3-RC1, all the classes were
generated in target/generated-sources/torque, which is very bad because
changes in the non-base classes are lost when a "mvn clean" is executed.

I have implemented the above by dividing the om/Control.vm template into
two parts, the one (Control.vml) generating the non-base java sources, the
other (ControlBase.vm) generating the base, map and linkage java sources.
Of course this change also hits the ant and maven 1 build, meaning that
the output can also be separated there (which some usres asked for some
time ago if I recall correctly). However, to retain backwards
compatibility, by default the sources are be generated into one
directory for the maven 1 and ant plugin.

For this change, I can not think of any backwards compatibility issues
between RC1 and RC2. If noone objects, I'll commit this change.

b) Regarding jira issues opened since RC1:
TORQUE-72: Greg, do you mind if I close this issue, or do you want to have
the implementation where these methods always return null?
TORQUE-74: I am not really sure here, but I'd copy the interbase templates
into an ew firebird directory. Please object if you are of another
opinion, otherwise I'll do it.
TORQUE-76: We could ask Ronny to provide a testcase in a reasonable
amount of time (a week or so, or longer if it suits you, Thomas),
otherwise this will not change in RC2
TORQUE-77: I believe we can close this issue. It can be reopened if the
error is not resolved by Greg's commit.
TORQUE-78: Is rather a non-implemented feature than a real bug in my eyes.

So, nothing really there preventing us releasing the RC2 in two or three
weeks, or am I mistaken ?

      Thomas

Re: Some remarks for 3.3-RC2

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de>.
Thomas Fischer wrote:

> TORQUE-76: We could ask Ronny to provide a testcase in a reasonable
> amount of time (a week or so, or longer if it suits you, Thomas),
> otherwise this will not change in RC2

I found that this in part affects my changes to the handling of the
"interface" attribute of tables. I made some changes to the templates to
make this work (import statements for the interfaces, correct generation
of method names for complexObjectModel etc.) and I'm pretty confident
that it would. I have a testcase myself (the Fulcrum
TorqueSecurityService) where this feature is employed. However I would
like to make sure that Ronnys case is covered as well.

So please, Ronny, speak up.

Bye, Thomas.

RE: Some remarks for 3.3-RC2

Posted by Greg Monroe <Gr...@DukeCE.com>.
Re: a)

Sounds reasonable to me.  I don't think this applies but
my only concern is that we end up with yet more templates
to maintain changes across, like the Object and
ObjectWithManager templates.

Re: b)

Torque-72: See new comments.. not sure we should close
it but we don't need to fix it for 3.3.

Torque-74: Makes since to match names.  Does there need to
be a firebird DBAdaptor in the Runtime as well?

Torque-76: No opinion.

Torque-77: Never mind..

Torque-78: As to bug or new feature, I'm neutral. However,
it's been there since the early versions and this is the
first complaint.  Fixing/enhancing can wait. Leave it open
as a future To Do.

-----

Torque-69: I'm still planning on looking at this, but I'm
finally coming up for air after a busy month.

Do we have a date in mind for voting on RC2? (Deadlines
do inspire people ;) )

Greg

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email, its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.