Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by harry lippy <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/11 03:16:41 UTC

Question regarding the MapReduce tutorial

So I was working my way through the tutorial, and when I got to the first
example - WordCountV1.0 - I discovered that there are a LOT of deprecated
classes/methods used in the tutorial.  I could take the time to move over to
the suggested replacements for these items, but it would be nice to have a
tutorial that is up to date.  Does such a tutorial exist?  If not, is one in
the works?

Thanks, folks!

Shaun

Re: Question regarding the MapReduce tutorial

Posted by Roger Chen <ro...@ucdavis.edu>.
http://cxwangyi.blogspot.com/2009/12/wordcount-tutorial-for-hadoop-0201.htmlshould
help you out. The Apache foundation should really update that
tutorial though...

--
Roger Chen
UC Davis Genome Center

Re: Question regarding the MapReduce tutorial

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Disregard the deprecation of the 'old' API and continue to use it if
you are on 0.20.x. The new API isn't that good to use in that yet, and
the deprecation was undone and the old API was remarked 'Stable' (but
seemingly hasn't made it to a release yet).

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1734

--
Harsh J