Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Fabian Bieker <Fa...@netzwert.ag> on 2006/09/19 16:35:12 UTC

JMeter and radius sessions

Hi,

I want to write a jmeter plugin to stress-test a radius server.
One thing i like to do is simulate a bunch of radius sessions with a
duration of a few hours. A session consists of a Radius-Access-Request
and a few Radius-Accounting-Start/Interum-Update/Stop Packets.

Simply running the hole radius session in one call to sample() seems
incorrect to me, because i do not know where to store the timing
information like rtts about the different packets send/received.

Is there an other way of doing this?

I searched the ml-archive but was unable to find something helpful to
my problem.

Thanks for your help,

     Fabian Bieker
--
Fabian Bieker, QA
Netzwert AG, An den Treptowers 1, 12435 Berlin, Germany

Re: JMeter and radius sessions

Posted by Fabian Bieker <Fa...@netzwert.ag>.
Peter Lin wrote:
> you could try sticking it in the cookie manager. the cookie manager is just
> a place to hold name/value pair data.
Ah, great this solves might solve my problem. thanks a lot.

have fun,

	Fabian

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
you could try sticking it in the cookie manager. the cookie manager is just
a place to hold name/value pair data. I imagine radius servers return a
session id of some sort and require clients send the id.

peter

Posted by Fabian Bieker <Fa...@netzwert.ag>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
jmeter does not support radius protocol currently.  you can always write one
yourself :)

i don't know radius protocol, but I would imagine there's open source
drivers for the protocol.