Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Chris Miller <ki...@vardus.co.uk> on 2000/06/16 18:54:29 UTC

Would you call this a bug?

Something that I got stung by the other day led to the creation of a 400MB+
file (and growing!) before I realised what was going on and intervened...

I had something like the following in my build.xml file:

<jar jarfile="build_dir/project-src.jar" basedir="."/>

Simple enough, just packing up all the source code etc for my project.
Unfortunately I forgot to exclude the build_dir itself from the jar
operation. This lead to an attempt to add the jar file to itself, thus
creating an infinitely large file...
I'm not sure if it is just something that people should watch out for, or if
ant should check for this situation? Any comments?

Re: Bug or RFE launching Java or Javadoc?

Posted by Patrick Chanezon <ch...@netscape.com>.
Hi Eddie,
The FM is at http://jakarta.apache.org/guidelines/source.html
You can submit a patch in this list as described at this url.

P@

--
Patrick Chanezon, iPlanet Market Maker- Portal/EServices Technical Lead
Netscape Communications Corp. - http://people.netscape.com/chanezon/

"Two monks were arguing about a flag. One said: `The flag is moving.'
The other said: `The wind is moving.'
The sixth patriach happened to be passing by. He told them: `Not the wind, not
the flag; mind is moving.'"
Zen Koan

RE: Bug or RFE launching Java or Javadoc?

Posted by Vitaly Stulsky <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Try http://jakarta.apache.org/guidelines/source.html.
I believe it will help you to make proper patches.

Cheers,
Vitaly

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Bug or RFE launching Java or Javadoc?

Posted by Tom Dimock <ta...@cornell.edu>.
At 01:54 PM 06/16/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I just started working with Ant this morning.
>I would be glad to make an attempt at changing this myself, but that leads
>to another question. How do I submit code? I have looked over the docs at
>the web site, and see that only Committers have write access to the
>repository. Do I send changes to a committer to review or to the original
>owner/creator of the file? or something else. Maybe I missed something on
>the web site, but I've gone through all the docs that I found links to. I
>apologize if this is a stupid RTFM thing, but which FM ;-) ?

Having fairly recently been where you are, I can identify with your
problem.  The FM you want is
<http://jakarta.apache.org/getinvolved/getinvolvedindex.html>
       Tom Dimock  ----  Cornell University  ----  tad1@cornell.edu
"There go my people.  I must follow them, for I am their leader."  M. Gandhi

Bug or RFE launching Java or Javadoc?