Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by "Beck, Andrew" <an...@sap.com> on 2016/10/03 21:28:52 UTC

Questions about OData Validation Tool

Hello,

I'm looking at the OData Validation tool - http://veodataprod.dhcp.wdf.sap.corp:1082/

First, of the 6 sample services on the home page, 3 of them return "invalid response" or "invalid endpoint" when I test them using the Validation tool. Am I missing something obvious?

Second, when I try my own service using the "By URI" tab, I get an "invalid response" error (we're using Apache Olingo 2.0 as the provider). However, when I post the .svc and the $metadata responses directly in the "by Direct Input" tab, I get useful results. How can I debug this?

Third, I can't find the rule definitions anywhere, so I can't assess the significance of the "findings" of the validation tool. There is a link provided to the rules, but it appears to be broken. Where should I look for these rule definitions - which hopefully includes a rationale for each one of them?

Thanks,
Andrew