Posted to issues@maven.apache.org by hungryandrestless <hu...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/16 21:21:42 UTC

Specifying an absolute path for SCM bootstrapping

Hi All,

I am trying to bootstrap an SVN project, but seem to be running into the
filename lenght limitation. The workaround seems to be specifying an
absolute name

 http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#long-paths  Long Paths FAQ

To do this I am trying with the following bootstrapping pom file

<scm>

<connection>scm:svn:http://java-1.diagonal-solutions.local/repos/homeoffice/</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:http://java-1.diagonal-solutions.local/repos/homeoffice/</developerConnection>
    <url>http://java-1.diagonal-solutions.local/repos/homeoffice/</url>
  </scm>

  <build>

    <!--
      |====================================
      | Plugins.
      |====================================
      |-->
    <plugins>

	  <!--
        |====================================
        | Bootstrapper plugin.
        | Used during test phase to produce
        | reports.
        |====================================
        |-->

	  <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <configuration>
          <goals>install</goals>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

    </plugins>
  </build>

This is somehow not doing the trick and on the commandline I keep getting

C:\Build>mvn scm:bootstrap
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'scm'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Home Office Horizon Development
[INFO]    task-segment: [scm:bootstrap] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] [scm:bootstrap]
[INFO] Removing C:\Build2
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive checkout
http://dumdumdum/dumdumdum/dumdumdum/ Build2

Is there a way I can get to

[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive checkout
http://dumdumdum/dumdumdum/dumdumdum/ C:\Build2

maybe ?

Any help really appreciated