Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Russell Castagnaro <ru...@4charity.com> on 2001/10/05 05:04:29 UTC

[C2] standalone example?

Aloha cocoon-users,

  I'm trying to find an example of using C2 standalone.  I actually
  want to use it in an EJB, but first things first.  I've looked at
  the environment package, which seems to have the classes all set up
  to make it happen.  If somebody could just give me a simple example
  that did this, I think I'd be fine from there.

  Much Appreciated

--
Mahalo,
 Russell                          mailto:russell@4charity.com

4Charity - Changing the world,
 one click at a time.

Re: [C2] standalone example?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:04:29PM -1000, Russell Castagnaro wrote:
> Aloha cocoon-users,
>
>   I'm trying to find an example of using C2 standalone.  I actually
>   want to use it in an EJB, but first things first.  I've looked at
>   the environment package, which seems to have the classes all set up
>   to make it happen.  If somebody could just give me a simple example
>   that did this, I think I'd be fine from there.

Do you have CVS there? The latest Cocoon in CVS builds it's own
documentation offline. Check it out of CVS, and type "./build.sh
newdocs".

Otherwise, you should be able to type 'java -jar cocoon.jar' and have it
run. Your cocoon.jar needs to be in the same directory as the other
required jars.

As for running in an EJB, that might not be a good idea (though I don't
know your situation). Cocoon is meant to be a framework, not a library
to be used in other code.

--Jeff