Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2009/04/24 08:50:18 UTC

[math] Questions on Field

I've been looking over the Field<T> implementations, and it looks like it's
mostly done except for FieldPolynomial<T>.  I'm not really sure which
package this should go in, since o.a.c.m.analysis.polynomial seems to be
about Real polynomials.  Any hints would be appreciated.

I could provide implementations for SimplePrimeFieldElement (representing
Z/pZ), and even SimplePadicFieldElement (with a representation similar to
double).  Not certain that it is useful for 2.0 without greatly delaying the
release.  Most algebraist want to use finite extensions as well.