Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ha...@informatiefabriek.nl on 2003/11/18 17:07:04 UTC

Which framework to choose?

Hi all,

Altough this might not be the right place to ask, but I'm just curious.

Recently I see a lot of different frameworks which pretty much promise the
same functionality as the Struts framework.

For instance I found:

struts
webwork
Spring
etc...

Which one is the best? I have been using Struts for some time now... But
maybe some other framework has more future then Struts.????
I would like to hear your opionions...

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands

Re: Which framework to choose?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
"Ted Husted" <hu...@apache.org> wrote in message
> Personally, I consider MVC frameworks to be commodities. It doesn't
> really matter which you use use. The real point of the exercise is to
> treat web applications like applications, rather than some throwaway hack.
>
> Which framework is best for a particular project is going to depend on
> the project, and more importantly, the people working on the project.
> Most any tool can do the job, so long as the people using the tool
> *want* to make it so.
>
> Right now, I'm using Struts on some projects and Maverick on others.

Could you say a little about how you would choose one of these over the
other? (I do mean "you" and not "one" - I'm interested in your personal
experience-based opinion. ;)

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by J Janesko <jj...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you, Ted.  This is right on!!  Thanks so much
for the link!

--Jenn

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.