Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jacob Botuck <jb...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/05 23:39:42 UTC

log compaction across partitions

If I somehow have 2 records with the same key in different partitions in a
topic with log compaction enabled, will log compaction remove the old
record? Or do the records need to be in the same partition for log
compaction to work?

Re: log compaction across partitions

Posted by Shaohan Yin <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Normally the same keys will lead to the same partition.
And log compaction works on a single topic-partition.

Cheers