Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2012/04/04 18:50:09 UTC

[axis2-1.6.1] jaxws-samples - JIRA required? yes / no

maybe somone knows the difference between a stub and a proxy like the
one used by the jaxws-samples/SampleClient?

the proxy created, does never ENGAGED the addressing module,

            // Call the service

            Future<?> resp = echo.echoOperationAsync(echoParm,
callbackHandler);

the addressing module is ONLY deployed by the SampleClient's axis2.xml
configuration but it is NOT ENGAGED;

An engaged addressing module is needed at the client and the server side
to support SOAP ADDRESSING HEADERS and this headers are used to make the
service aware about the replyTO addressing header.

As no addressing header is sent to the server, the response is not sent
to the proper port, the response does not find the callback handler
running in its thread, and hence polling the response for a DONE does
not work. If I would create a ServiceClient then I would be able to
progressively enforce the engagement of the addressing modul.

So my last question: does someone know how to make that this
jaxws-sample/SampleClient engages the addressing module.

Output from Wireshark:

POST /jaxws-samples/services/EchoService.EchoServicePort HTTP/1.1

SOAPAction: "echoOperation"

Host: INTEG2:8080

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

121

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body>
<ns2:echoStringInput
xmlns:ns2="http://org/apache/axis2/jaxws/samples/echo/"><echoInput>HELLO
</echoInput></ns2:echoStringInput></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:19:38 GMT

137

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body>
<ns2:echoStringResponse
xmlns:ns2="http://org/apache/axis2/jaxws/samples/echo/"><echoResponse>JA
X-WS==>>HELLO</echoResponse></ns2:echoStringResponse></soapenv:Body></so
apenv:Envelope>

0

How is it said in each release note: our samples shall all deliver a
good user experience. My user experience is very bad after a week of
debugging.

Josef