Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Luis Cañas Díaz <lc...@libresoft.es> on 2012/04/07 16:16:51 UTC

python library?

Hi there,
I've been using the Python library pyactivemq during a few days but it
is not working as well as I expect. Is any of you using a Python library
to communicate with activemq? Any recommendation would be perfect .. Now
I'm even thinking about using Java and connect it to my Python code

Thanks in advance,
Luis.

--
Luis Cañas-Díaz          | GSyC/LibreSoft Research Lab
http://libresoft.es      | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones

Re: python library?

Posted by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com>.
To be honest, I tried all those python libraries as well, but
activemq gets into "hung" states for various reasons so I had to abandon
it.

I saw situations where sometimes clients stop receiving messages for no
reason. They need restart, etc. I think its because activemq is a
"stateful" connection-oriented broker. I ended up writing a "stateless"
queue server based on HTTP/REST. Works better for me. Scales better.

I tried the stomp client as well. Had similar problems. Worked for small
data and throughput. High throughput over long time, it hangs. Maybe
recent ActiveMQ servers are better, but I think the scaling issues still
linger from the message traffic I see on the list.

Your mileage may vary though.

Re: python library?

Posted by Luis Cañas Díaz <lc...@libresoft.es>.

Re: python library?