Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Knut Olaf Lien <kn...@eprocess.no> on 2010/07/16 16:30:40 UTC

Test suite anomalies in 1.0.0 browser issues - firefox ok but safari hangs

Fresh install of Couchdb 1.0.0 using brew. Previously testet 0.11.0 also using brew.

When running the test suite, Firefox is ok, but Safari hangs. I have looked at the log in couchdb (debug level), appears to report the same during Firefox and Safari trials.

Firfox version: 3.6.3
Safari version: 5.0

Further, looking at the activity logger in Safari, it appears that there are mutliple errors. Appears to be a Safari issue. Anyone confirm the same behaviour?

Regards,
Knut Olaf Lien

Re: Test suite anomalies in 1.0.0 browser issues - firefox ok but safari hangs

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 16, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Ryan Zezeski wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:20 PM, J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Somehow it is just now occurring to me that we could put a note about
>> Firefox on the test suite page. :)
>>

> I think this would be a good idea.  I experienced, what sounds like, similar
> problems when running the test suite from Chrome.

I've just added a note to this effect. I'm not back-porting it, so expect it in the 1.1 release (or trunk, now).

Chris

Re: Test suite anomalies in 1.0.0 browser issues - firefox ok but safari hangs

Posted by Ryan Zezeski <rz...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:20 PM, J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Somehow it is just now occurring to me that we could put a note about
> Firefox on the test suite page. :)

I think this would be a good idea.  I experienced, what sounds like, similar
problems when running the test suite from Chrome.

-Ryan

Re: Test suite anomalies in 1.0.0 browser issues - firefox ok but safari hangs

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Knut Olaf Lien <kn...@eprocess.no>.
Thanks, didn’t know that.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.