Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Tim Julien <tj...@limewire.com> on 2009/02/24 19:26:18 UTC

/ivy-module/dependencies/include exists?

in ivy.xml, I would like to be able to share dependencies across several
internal modules.  For example, they all use, say, commons-logging and
guice.  I don't want to have to configure, for example, the 'rev' in n
different places.  I want to specify the version in one place and have
them all use that version.

The solution I am using now is to put the versions for various 3rd party
libs in a properties file, and using <properties> in my ivy settings file.

But I would love to be able to <include> an external <dependency> file,
much like I am currently <include>'ing a <configuration> file which
specifies the various <conf>s and 'defaultconfmapping'.

Please reply to me, I am not subscribed to this list.

thx!

-Tim Julien

RE: /ivy-module/dependencies/include exists?

Posted by "Becheanu, Daniel" <db...@cars.com>.
You can setup a base project with your dependency and use it for the rest of your projects as "master" making sure you are pulling it with its dependencies.

Ex:
	Project Master will depend on spring/commons.
	Project A will depend on Master hence will inherit spring/commons.

Daniel

Posted by Jean-Louis BOUDART <je...@gmail.com>.
As far as i know this feature is not yet implemented but there is an open
issue related to this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-742

I've made a small patch as a POC that allow you to extends ivy files.

<extends organisation="foobar" module="child"
revision="latest.integration" location="../ivy.xml"
extendType="configurations,dependencies"/>

 Location defines where ivy should look on filesystem before asking
repository. This attribute is not mandatory. By default this attribute is
set to "../ivy.xml"

extendType attribute defines what you want to include. This is not a
mandatory attribute.
possible values for extendType :

   - all
   - configurations
   - dependencies
   - description

But what will happen when we publish/deliver such an ivy.xml file? Will we
publish/deliver it with the extends element in it, or will we
publish/deliver the merged result?

Currently the patch publish with the extends element in it :/
Publishing merged metadata is much cleaner and safer.  That's why this is
not yet included in ivy.

I hope i will have time work on it soon.

Cheers!