Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bilal Ahmed <ba...@formtek.com> on 2003/09/30 22:47:13 UTC

C:\Program Files\jdk1.3\bin\java problems

Hi:

I am having problem using C:\Program Files\JDK or C:\Progra~1\JDK
directories to work with Tomcat.  I have getting error that JSP pages could
not be compiled using C:\Program Files\JDK\bin\java.  Is "Program Files" a
problem with Tomcat?

Thanks,
Bilal

RE: \Program Files\jdk1.3\bin\java problems

Posted by Bilal Ahmed <ba...@formtek.com>.
Hi John,

The tomcat is not started as a service.  I have JDK and Tomcat installed in
the C:\program files\jdk and c:\program files\tomcat directories.  Tomcat
won't run from c:\program files directory, or find java either to compile
JSP pages.

Bilal

Is tomcat started as a service?  If so, you need to go into the registry and
change the jvm.dll path to the one in the server directory of the JSDK
installation.

Posted by Bilal Ahmed <ba...@formtek.com>.
Does anyone have installed Tomcat/JDK successfully in C:\program files
directory?  I have having problem with Tomcat compiling JSP pages when it is
looking for java in C:\program files\jdk\bin\java.  It is saying can't find
java in the path specified.

Thanks.

Posted by John Corrigan <jo...@johncorrigan.net>.

Posted by John Corrigan <jo...@johncorrigan.net>.