Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by sr...@club-internet.fr on 2009/02/09 09:56:55 UTC

Re: Re: GEP 2.1.3: error message when deploying an EAR without deployment descri

>De: Kevan Miller
>Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:32:01 -0500
>
>On Feb 8, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Stéphane Rondinaud wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> After having created a simple EAR (EJB+Web) project, I had some
>> trouble deploying on the local server.

<snip>
>> The problem was that I had not generated the deployment descriptor
>> stub for both the EAR project (giving the aforementioned message)
>> and the EJB project (giving an error saying that the project.jar was
>> not an EJB).
>>
>> Hope this might help someone,
>
>Hi Stephane,
>Thanks. Glad you got things working.
>
>IIUC, your problem was caused because Eclipse did not automatically
>generate a deployment descriptor. I'm wondering why a deployment
>descriptor isn't created automatically by WTP/GEP. Anybody that's more
>familiar with GEP know the answer?

Fact is, the EAR, EJB and Web project wizard all have a checkbox to create a deployment descriptor.
It's checked by default in the Web wizard, but unchecked in both the EAR and EJB one - which made me think that it was optional and that GEP would be OK without a descriptor. Mind you, Geronimo is completely OK with deploying an EAR without the descriptor as long as it get it's deployment plan, but GEP is definitly not (or more probably the underlying JST).
A warning when the checkbox is unchecked, plus having it checked by default could be nice.

--
  Stéphane Rondinaud