Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 14:50:28 UTC

Resumption of Weekly IRC ?

Hi,

I wonder if we should resume our weekly IRCs to bring in the community a bit
closer and make sure everybody is on the same page with the project.  If
once a week is too frequent then how about fortnightly.

Just in case everybody does agree to this, I'd further suggest that, this
time around we put in an agenda ahead of the IRCs - say atleast a day in
advance so that it gets to be a focussed discussion.

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: Resumption of Weekly IRC ?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Bert Lamb wrote:
> I also think this is a good idea, wouldn't hurt to have a few more
> committers hanging out in the IRC channel from time to time.  I'm in
> there most of the time (mainly because I set up Trillian to always log
> me in to it) but I don't know enough to really be helpful to anyone :)
>
> -Bert
>
> On 4/3/07, Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder if we should resume our weekly IRCs to bring in the
>> community a bit
>> closer and make sure everybody is on the same page with the project.  If
>> once a week is too frequent then how about fortnightly.
>>
>> Just in case everybody does agree to this, I'd further suggest that,
>> this
>> time around we put in an agenda ahead of the IRCs - say atleast a day in
>> advance so that it gets to be a focussed discussion.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> - Venkat

+1 from me, I suggest to restart the scheduled IRC on Monday 04/09 at
the usual 8:30am PDT time.

I'll also try to be on the IRC channel (#tuscany on irc.freenode.net)
most of the time.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Resumption of Weekly IRC ?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Agree that the community would benefit of having more people available on
IRC more often, and I'll try to be available more often. As for the weekly
IRC chat, that is also a good idea, but I'm not sure we are going to be able
to create an Agenda a priori, as we tried that before with no success.

On 4/3/07, Bert Lamb <al...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I also think this is a good idea, wouldn't hurt to have a few more
> committers hanging out in the IRC channel from time to time.  I'm in
> there most of the time (mainly because I set up Trillian to always log
> me in to it) but I don't know enough to really be helpful to anyone :)
>
> -Bert
>
> On 4/3/07, Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder if we should resume our weekly IRCs to bring in the community a
> bit
> > closer and make sure everybody is on the same page with the project.  If
> > once a week is too frequent then how about fortnightly.
> >
> > Just in case everybody does agree to this, I'd further suggest that,
> this
> > time around we put in an agenda ahead of the IRCs - say atleast a day in
> > advance so that it gets to be a focussed discussion.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > - Venkat

Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Resumption of Weekly IRC ?

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I too will try to be around more on IRC.  The ChatZilla client embedded in
Firefox doesn't lend itself to auto startup, so I have got out of the habit.
Perhaps I should change my client,  any recommendations for one that would
keep me true as a Windows user?

Kelvin.

Re: Resumption of Weekly IRC ?

Posted by Bert Lamb <al...@pobox.com>.