Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com> on 2016/03/29 23:20:26 UTC

is there a file or a documentation describing alignFormat

Hi Trafodioneers,

I am looking at 2 potentially low hanguing fruit optimization with
alignFormat:

-          Provide some predicate pushdown support, when columns in
predicate are not nullable or not variable length or not added columns.

-          See if we can implement a customFilter to silence nullable
columns, variable length column, or added column that are not needed by the
scan node using the transformCell() step in customFilters…

For these, I need to understand the internal coding of alignFormat…

Would appreciate a pointer on documentation or source file that would
enlighten me on this…

Thanks,
Eric

RE: is there a file or a documentation describing alignFormat

Posted by Anoop Sharma <an...@esgyn.com>.
look at   sql/exp/ExpAlignedFormat.h  for details.

anoop