Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Earl Cahill <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/27 09:53:21 UTC

jms

I am starting to dive into jms (particularly openjms),
for another project and just wondering if there have
been thoughts of doing the distributed work via some
jms means.  It could be that there is jms in there
somewhere, but in searching the mail archive I found
no references.

I finished some preliminary work and now am more ready
to start to index a few hundred thousand pages, so I
decided to dive into the code a bit.  Not very deep
yet, but it seems like that any level that plans on
being distributed, jms would be useful.  I also know
that jms would add a little complexity to the process,
but in my head, and with my limited knowledge of the
nutch code base, jms could allow for near instant
distribution and nearly guarantees clean code.

I do notice some binary files match my

~/nutch/branches/mapred $ grep -rsi jms *

so, it could be that carrot or the like utilizes jms.

Just throwing it out there.

Earl

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: jms

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Hi,
Nutch comes with a own rpc implementation that is very lightweight
and fast - much faster than jms.
Beside that the distribution of tasks is down via map reduce so there
is no need for jms.
However I heard that helix people plan to use jms.

Greetings.
Stefan