Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/12 11:43:22 UTC

Commit bit

So, as a committer, how do I commit to the NetBeans repositories?

--emi

Re: Commit bit

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Different ASF projects have different policies.
The important part is that we should have a common understanding about our commit policy.

There might e.g. be a branch for the next release where RTC (Review Then Commit) is applied.
That's useful when preparing a release or for maintenance releases we still actively maintain.

And beside that we might have a 'future' branch (e.g. on master) or multiple feature branches where CTR (Commit Then Review) is standard.

Most ASF projects have the whole repo on CTR and assume that people know what they do and are careful when doing changes.

But we are pretty much free to decide how we want it to be. I just suggest that we build a common understanding and find easy and understandable rules. Otherwise it might get messy.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: Commit bit

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.