Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de> on 1998/02/25 20:50:52 UTC

without Options +ExecCGI?

On my linux box at home, I can execute commands without an explicit
Options +ExecCGI anywhere around. Is that intentional?
I thought it should be forbidden...
The only Options configured are
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

    Martin

Re: without Options +ExecCGI?

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
What is wrong with Apache's defaults is that the OPT_INCNOEXEC bit is
not set automatically. So, unless the WebMaster sets
    Options +IncludeNoEXEC
explicitly, execution of arbitrary commands is possible. IMHO, this
is a security flaw, and the default should set the OPT_INCNOEXEC
everywhere.

    Martin

Re: without Options +ExecCGI?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Well then why doesn't it behave that way?  :)

_now_ read my earlier message about no one having a clue.  <g>

Re: without Options +ExecCGI?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Re: without Options +ExecCGI?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.