Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by kitplummer <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 19:52:05 UTC

Undeploying SA Causes Undeliverable Messages...

...because a subscriptionSpec in the servicemix.xml config file for the SA
links to another component.  The "other" component continues to attempt to
deliver messages to the undeployed service.

Any ideas?

Kit

Re: Undeploying SA Causes Undeliverable Messages...

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Maybe there is a bug and the subscriptionSpecs are not unregistered when
the SA is undeployed.  I guess this would cause some errors to be printed in
the
console without really disturbing the process more than that.  If you
confirm that
this is the problem, please raise a JIRA.
If you want to try and fix it, I'd say the problem is the core container
when an
ActivationSpec is unregistered (this should be done from the lwcontainer),
the
associated subscriptionSpecs should be removed from the registry too.

On 5/30/07, kitplummer <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...because a subscriptionSpec in the servicemix.xml config file for the SA
> links to another component.  The "other" component continues to attempt to
> deliver messages to the undeployed service.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Kit

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Principal Engineer, IONA
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Undeploying SA Causes Undeliverable Messages...

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/30/07, kitplummer <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...because a subscriptionSpec in the servicemix.xml config file for the SA
> links to another component.  The "other" component continues to attempt to
> deliver messages to the undeployed service.
>
> Any ideas?

I seem to recall that this might have been a known issue with the
lwcontainer. Unfortunately I cannot find anything in JIRA about it.
Maybe Guillaume can give us some insight.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/