Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sagara Wijetunga <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/07 20:10:56 UTC

[users@httpd] How to include output of a servlet running on one virtual host to an SSI enabled html page on another virtual host?

How to include output of a servlet running on one
virtual host to an SSI enabled html page on another
virtual host?

I use Apache 2.0.39 to serve static html pages from a
Pentium III based PC server running Red Hat Linux 8.0.
I use Jakarta/Tomcat 4.1.12-LE-jdk14 to process
servlets on the same server and I use virtual hosting
also on the same server. I have further configured
Apache to process SSI for any html page whose
execution bit is set. All are (individually) working
fine.

I need to include some html code fragment generated by
the
http://BBB.sameDomain.com/mywebapp/servlet/myServlet
to a SSI page served from
http://AAA.sameDomain.com/somepage.html.

Could somebody please kindly explain to me how to do
this? And what other options available or any
workaround.

Please note, I can include the output of the
http://BBB.sameDomain.com/mywebapp/servlet/myServlet
to a html page served from the same virtual host (i.e
BBB.sameDomain.com) by
 <!--#include virtual="/mywebapp/servlet/myServlet"
-->

Here unfortunately, I cannot specify this servlet to
be taken from which server, i.e BBB.sameDomain.com.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Sagara