Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/09/12 09:00:20 UTC

OpenOffice community survey - Please take it!

I've prepared, with help from other community members, a survey to
gather some quick data about the Apache OpenOffice community. This
information will be used for my Apache Conference talk in November, to
assess how we have matured in these two years as a top-level Apache
project and whether we can consider the "setup" phase to be closed.

It's one easy, simple page:

http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/314592/lang-en

Please take the survey now, your feedback is needed! Please answer also
if you are just reading this list but you are not active, and please
answer only once even if you receive multiple copies of this message
(via different mailing lists).

If you have any comments, follow-up to the dev list only.

Thanks,
   Andrea.

Re: OpenOffice community survey - Please take it!

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Reminder: the survey will stay open until 30 September. Please take it
now if you haven't already done it.

Survey is at
http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/314592/lang-en
and forum volunteers (those who are involved in user support) are
welcome to take it too; if someone can announce it there it would be
perfect.

For any comments, follow-up to the dev list only. We've fixed some
technical and wording issues; if you experience problems when submitting
please inform the dev list dev@openoffice.apache.org

Thanks,
   Andrea.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09/15/2014 08:32 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Marcus<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>> Am 09/12/2014 09:00 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>>

>>> If you have any comments, follow-up to the dev list only.
>>

>> that's what I get:
>>
>> <quote>
>> Bad Request
>> The CSRF token could not be verified.
>>
>> The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.
>> Please do not repeat the request without modifications.
>>
>> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
>> 2014-09-15 11:09:36
>> </quote>
>>
>> Any idea about the problem and/or solution?
>>

> Is that an error loading the survey or submitting?   I have not seen
> that message before.

it was shown when I tried to submit. But after several times it's
working now.

Thanks

Marcus

Re: OpenOffice community survey - Please take it!

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 09/12/2014 09:00 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>

>> If you have any comments, follow-up to the dev list only.
>

> that's what I get:
>
> <quote>
> Bad Request
> The CSRF token could not be verified.
>
> The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.
> Please do not repeat the request without modifications.
>
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
> 2014-09-15 11:09:36
> </quote>
>
> Any idea about the problem and/or solution?

Is that an error loading the survey or submitting?   I have not seen
that message before.

I noticed this:

http://manual.limesurvey.org/Troubleshooting#After_submitting_a_page_you_end_up_at_the_general_index_page.2Fat_a_404_page_or_you_get_the_message_.27The_CSRF_token_could_not_be_verified.27

Certainly the survey length is not the issue.  It is much shorter than
previous ones.  So I wonder if it is:

"Another reason might be a proxy or a similar software not allowing
big post requests or requesting the same page several times in the
background (which leads to a new CSRF-key being created). In that case
try a different internet connection. "

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 13/09/2014 Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
>>> http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/314592/lang-en
> How do I send the translation or translate the survey?

At the moment it is not foreseen to translate the survey. It is meant
for people who subscribe to English mailing list and who may be
interested in working on lists where English is the primary language.

So, unlike most of our activities, there is no major benefit in making a
translated version available.

Regards,

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@riseup.net>.

Re: OpenOffice community survey - Please take it!

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@riseup.net>.

Re: OpenOffice community survey - Please take it!

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.