Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Jack Vanlightly <jv...@splunk.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/27 13:41:09 UTC

Port number in thread pool names

Hi all,

Is there a reason why the BookieLongPollThread and
BookieHighPriorityThread thread
pool names include the bookie port number? I can see downsides but no
upsides. If there are no objections I can remove this as part of the BP-44
metrics changes which include a couple of other breaking changes.

Jack Vanlightly

Re: Port number in thread pool names

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
I believe that is it only for helping in unit tests, as we used to identify
the bookie with the address, so host:port.

Il Mer 27 Ott 2021, 15:41 Jack Vanlightly <jv...@splunk.com.invalid>
ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a reason why the BookieLongPollThread and
> BookieHighPriorityThread thread
> pool names include the bookie port number? I can see downsides but no
> upsides. If there are no objections I can remove this as part of the BP-44

+1

Enrico