Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Re...@aol.com on 2004/03/20 19:18:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 Installation

Thanks for reply,
Here are the details of Apache2 during installation, Need your comments,
please

Do you have an internet Domain Name?
Yes
server name,
Does you server have a name?
That is the problem
Tutorials mention. Don't change server name or domain name without actually
having the appropriate DNS and network configuration for the host.
I am installing apache2 server and during installation of apache2 server
installation is asking for
Domain name,(I have the same)
server name, (What do I enter here)
administrators email(I have the same)

Comments, please

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 Installation

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 Remember14a@aol.com wrote:
> Here are the details of Apache2 during installation, Need your comments,
> please
>
> Do you have an internet Domain Name?
> Yes
> server name,
> Does you server have a name?
> That is the problem
> Tutorials mention. Don't change server name or domain name without actually
> having the appropriate DNS and network configuration for the host.
> I am installing apache2 server and during installation of apache2 server
> installation is asking for
> Domain name,(I have the same)
> server name, (What do I enter here)
> administrators email(I have the same)

Your question is not very clear, but I would start here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html#inst