Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Great Info <gu...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/19 14:17:50 UTC

Zeppelin over Superset

I have been using zeppelin for a couple of years, now superset is gaining
more attention for better Visualization features etc. so I am trying to
understand exact differences and also help if someone is looking to select
a BI tool.

I have listed a few unique features based on initial reading on superset,it
would be really appreciated if anyone can contribute more to the list .

- Most big data cluster integration support (Spark, flink etc)
- Inline code execution using paragraphs
- Multi language supports

 As I am not a proper user of superset,I would like to know more unique
features of Zeppelin and  these features are not possible or hard to do in
Superset.

Also I got below details from apache wiki, but I don't see these can be
unique factor except leveraging notebooks style

Apache Zeppelin is an indirect competitor, but it solves a different use
case.

Apache Zeppelin is a web-based notebook that enables interactive data
analytics. It enables the creation of beautiful data-driven, interactive
and collaborative documents with SQL, Scala and more. Although a user can
create data visualizations using this project, it leverages a notebook
style user interfaces and it is geared towards the Spark community where
Scala and SQL co-exist