Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> on 2001/01/25 03:26:52 UTC

jakarta-watchdog-4.0 fixes

jakarta-watchdog-4.0 needs two things fixed:

1.  build.sh uses the shell /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh

2.  build.xml refers to jakarta-servletapi-4 instead of jakarta-servletapi-4.0

I would commit these fixes, but I don't have commit for jakarta-watchdog-4.0

Regards,

Glenn

Re: jakarta-watchdog-4.0 fixes

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > > jakarta-watchdog-4.0 needs two things fixed:
> > >
> > > 1.  build.sh uses the shell /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh
> > >

> > Fixed.
> >

> Thanks
>

> > > 2.  build.xml refers to jakarta-servletapi-4 instead of jakarta-servletapi-4.0
> > >

> > It is supposed to.  The API classes for servlet 2.3 / JSP 1.2 got moved to a new
> > repository named "jakarta-servletapi-4" (not 4.0 because it will be constant
> > throughout Tomcat 4.x) instead of being a branch on the "jakarta-servletapi"
> > repository (whose main branch has the servlet 2.2 / JSP 1.1 API classes).
> >

> Ok
>

> > > I would commit these fixes, but I don't have commit for jakarta-watchdog-4.0
> > >

> > That can be fixed if you'd like to help update the test suite ... want me to
> > propose you?  (WATCHDOG-DEV is the relevant mailing list).
> >

> That would come in handy if I get time to setup watchdog tests for
> SecurityManager related issues.

OK.  In the mean time, there is also a (currently small) unit test suite in the
"tester" directory of "jakarta-tomcat-4.0", which would be a good place to put Tomcat
specific tests like this.

Starting from the top of the source directory, build the tests like this:

    cd tester
    ./build.sh deploy-main

and restart Tomcat 4.0.  Run them like this:

    $CATALINA_HOME/bin/tester.sh

with optional arguments to select which subset of tests to run.  It's all driven by
Ant scripts in a manner pretty similar to Watchdog.

> Glenn

Craig

Re: jakarta-watchdog-4.0 fixes

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
> > jakarta-watchdog-4.0 needs two things fixed:
> >
> > 1.  build.sh uses the shell /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh
> >

> Fixed.

Thanks

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> jakarta-watchdog-4.0 needs two things fixed:
>
> 1.  build.sh uses the shell /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh

Fixed.

> 2.  build.xml refers to jakarta-servletapi-4 instead of jakarta-servletapi-4.0

It is supposed to.  The API classes for servlet 2.3 / JSP 1.2 got moved to a new
repository named "jakarta-servletapi-4" (not 4.0 because it will be constant
throughout Tomcat 4.x) instead of being a branch on the "jakarta-servletapi"
repository (whose main branch has the servlet 2.2 / JSP 1.1 API classes).

> I would commit these fixes, but I don't have commit for jakarta-watchdog-4.0

That can be fixed if you'd like to help update the test suite ... want me to
propose you?  (WATCHDOG-DEV is the relevant mailing list).

> Regards,
>
> Glenn

Craig