Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/06 20:26:37 UTC

long running (continous) benchmark test

I plan on creating some sort of a long running test with kafka, curiuos if
anyone has already done this and released the code.

I want to setup some ec2 instances, and mimick what I think will be close
to real life usage, and monitor how things work.  I want this to run for 24
hours or more.

I know there are system tests, but I believe those are short lived tests.

It is always interesting to see how things work like if consumers fall
behind, etc.

Re: long running (continous) benchmark test

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
For our long running testing at LinkedIn we actually just use the mirror
maker tool and fork off a copy of the full production streams and throw it
at the test cluster. This is, of course, only useful if you have a
high-load cluster to replay...

-Jay

Posted by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com>.